Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Welcome

I am starting this blog because I love Michigan and its outdoors as well as a strong consciousness of the environment and the damages it receives from people.  Through this blog I hope to share my projects and adventures to hopefully stimulate others to go out and enjoy the world around them.  We don't need loud motors and oil-slicks on the surface of water to have a good time. 

There are a couple of projects I want to develop on this blog.  I am currently working on my 1978 Columbia 7.6 sailboat.  I have a lot of pictures for the restoration of this great boat that I saved from a boat yard this past year.  I also am planning a canoe trip across Michigan following the first great "road" across the state that was used for hundreds of years by Native Americans as well as early fur traders.

In the meantime, I would like to start by referring you to a couple of great projects going on in the state.  There is an initiative that is developing for building interpretive water trails across the state. The first ones are being established in the Southwestern side of the state.  Here is a link to this fascinating project called, Michigan Heritage Water Trails.  It seems like another way to get people to enjoy the beautiful waters that abound.

The Quiet Water Symposium is also coming up quickly.  It takes place at the MSU Pavilion the first Saturday of each year.  This year it will happen on March 2, 2013.  Check it out, another great way to stay active and explore the natural wonders of Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment